Fashion Week showcases the most stunning upcoming styles and designs, and jewelry lovers can catch glimpses of Fall 2012 trends with New York Fashion Week 2012. The week of style madness kicked off February 9, 2012.
Some of the popular jewelry styles gracing the streets of Fashion Week included:
- Chunky, glamorous necklaces worn under button-up shirt collars, in a style similar to wearing a tie. The glistening neckpieces make a striking contrast with an otherwise business-ish ensemble.
- Chunky necklaces also complement fall sweaters and jackets, with designs ranging from chokers to thick pendant necklaces.
- Rich, neutral colors are making a splash at NYC Fashion Week and jewelry with complementing tones such as black, bronze and gold will be popular accessories for fall 2012.
Just as big as the styles gracing the stage is who wears what to the glamorous events. Here is a rundown of standout jewelry among NYC Fashion Week 2012 attendees:
- Supermodel Cindy Crawford donned dazzling diamond chandelier earrings at an amfAR kickoff party for New York City Fashion Week 2012.
- Linda Fargo, fashion director at Bergdorf Goodman, was one of several Fashion Week attendees decked out in a chunky bracelet, as she enjoyed a party celebrating designer Jason Wu’s latest collection.