We all watch the red carpet and drool over the exquisite pieces that most of us will never have the opportunity to wear. It is fun however to watch, wish and dream. So, sit back and drift off into dreamland as we countdown some of the most expensive pieces that have ever graced a red carpet.
1) Kelly Osbourne : this year the earrings that she wore were valued at $3 million (the price did not include the optional body guards that they came with)
2) Amy Adams: her diamond earrings and diamond bracelets are valued at $425,000 and if you choose to you can actually purchase those earrings.
3) Jackie Weaver: donned $3 million worth of diamonds for the occasion
4) Stacy Kiebler’s : rings and bracelets were valued at $600,000
5) Hayden Panettiere: her five piece set was valued at $500,000
6) Jessica Alba: her necklace was valued at $5.8 million
7) Sophia Vergara: her 100 carats of diamonds were valued at $8 million.
You may be wondering what goes into selecting who wears what pieces and how they are transported to and from an event. The answer is fairly simple. Jewelry designers work in much the same way that a fashion designer works. The designer simply wants to hear their name on the red carpet. In order to achieve that goal, a designer must get their piece into the hands of an actor or actress that is either a nominee or a presenter. Those people will be the most sought after actors and actresses of the evening and will get the most television time. The next part of the evening is about the logistics of transporting the piece from one place to another. Depending on the value of the piece, some designers will require a paid escort the entire time that the nominee or presenter is wearing their piece.
For most of us we only wish and dream about a night like the Globes, but even if we never get our own personal red carpet we can still watch and dream along with the rest of the world. And that means the countdown to the Grammy’s is in full swing…