Five Tips on How to Buy the Perfect Engagement Ring
So, you’ve decided to pop the question and ask your loved one to marry you. Congratulations; that’s the easy part over! Now you have some harder decisions to make. Like how and where to propose; what words to use as you deliver the most important question of your life; and last but not least, what engagement ring to buy for your partner.
To help you pick out the perfect engagement ring, here are five tips to guide you before you buy the one piece of jewelry that will symbolize the purity, uniqueness, and strength of your love.
1. Find out your partner’s ring size before you go shopping: Having a ring that fits for the big proposal will make the moment even more special. To find out your partner’s ring size, get hold of a ring they wear on their wedding finger and measure it using an online ring measuring guide.
2. Think about exactly what kind of engagement ring your partner would want: Every person is unique, just like the love shared between you and your beloved. So, to pick out the perfect ring to suit your partner, take their individual personality and style into consideration before you buy. Is your sweetheart a traditionalist who would appreciate a classic diamond solitaire? Or are they more contemporary, with a penchant for modern alternative designs, colors, and cuts? Are they minimalist or elaborate? There’s a ring for everyone and picking out a style that suits will show your knowledge and understanding of the one you love.
3. Decide what color band your partner would want: There are many design elements to consider when buying an engagement ring. A good place to start is the color of the band or setting. Go traditional with a yellow gold band or opt for something more alternative with a white or rose gold setting. Can’t decide? How about a two-tone engagement ring? Think about your partner’s style, let your heart guide you and you’re sure to choose the perfect ring for a proposal to remember.
4. Choose a sparkling gemstone to match the light of your love for each other: The diamond has always been the traditional gemstone of choice for engagement rings, but today there are plenty of other colors and cut options that reflect the pure love you have for each other. Whether you opt for a pear-shape, bridal set or a princess cut, a stunning pink morganite gemstone, a blue center sapphire or an exquisite black diamond, the engagement ring you choose should express your love, appreciation, and understanding of your fiancé-to-be.
5. An engagement ring is an investment, spend your money wisely: Traditionally, engagement ring buying codes-of-conduct said the buyer should spend two months’ worth of their salary on the ring. Today, we would recommend thinking of this purchase as an investment. Don’t spend more than you can afford, but do buy the best that you can get for the money that you have. Your beloved will be wearing the ring every day and one day it might even become a family heirloom. Make it count.
For those who don’t want to pay the full amount upfront,
we also offer various finance options that allow you to pay over several months.
Final Tip: If you think you’ve settled on the perfect engagement ring, but you’re still a bit undecided, we can ship a sample to the address of your choice – all completely free. Just lookout for the “See sample at home” button on the ring design of your choice.