The Best People to Ask for Help When Buying an Engagement Ring
Buying an engagement ring can be a difficult task for anyone. There are so many elements to take into consideration before you make the final choice. But what if you don’t know where to start, which engagement ring to buy or who to ask for help when engagement ring shopping? Well, you don’t have to do it alone. Here are some of the best people to ask, to ensure you get an engagement ring that your partner will love and cherish forever.
- Your Sibling or Best Friend: If you want to keep the upcoming proposal low-key and under the radar, ask one of your best friends or your siblings for help. They probably won’t go too crazy with excitement; they’ll be sure to keep your secret; they’ll be able to offer some impartial advice and if you go shopping together, you’ll also have a hand model to try rings on for you!
- Your Mother: Once she’s recovered from the initial thrill of the idea of her baby getting married, your Mom can be an invaluable voice of wisdom when it comes to choosing an engagement ring. She’ll know all the right questions to ask the jeweler, and if she knows your betrothed-to-be, she’ll be able to help with style, design, cut and color options too.
- Your Mother-In-Law: You’ll need to fully trust that the mother of your soon-to-be bride or groom won’t go spilling the beans before you ask for her help in picking out an engagement ring. But if you do decide she’s trust-worthy, she’ll have unique and unmatched insights into the individual style and taste of your beloved. No one knows us better than our moms!
- Your Dad: Once upon a time, your Father was probably in the same position you are in now. He knew he wanted to ask your Mom to marry him and had the daunting task of buying a wedding rind ahead of him (and all without the Internet). He’s been in your shoes, knows the drill and so will probably have some invaluable pearls of wisdom to share, or just a shoulder to lean on to support you at a time when you could use all the help you can get!
- Your Partner’s Best Friends: Another risk that only you can know whether to take; you’re loved one’s best friends will have a strong understanding of what style of engagement ring that he or she would really love. They’ll be able to provide a much needed second opinion and hold the key to finding the perfect engagement ring to complement your perfect proposal. Just make sure they won’t gossip and end up ruining the surprise.
- Your Jeweler: At the end of the day, while your jeweler may not have intricate knowledge of your partner’s preferences, there’s no one who knows more about the various different cuts, gemstone options, band colors and designs then the experts, so confide in us, talk to us and we’ll make sure you come away with a ring that will be loved for a lifetime.